26.12.07

Pulau Belitung

I'm currently reading a novel by Andrea Hirata, "Laskar Pelangi". Many people said that it was a good novel. So, I am reading it now.


I have read half of the novel. It was about the childhood of the writer in Belitung island, one of islands in a province called Bangka-Belitung. In chapter 16, the writer told the sory of Pangkalan Punai beach. He described it as a very beautiful beach. That made me curious so I browsed in the internet with a keyword "Pulau Belitung". Then, I found this website: http://www.belitungisland.com/.


The website consists of many information about Belitung island. There are also many photograps made by people who joins the Belitung island mailing list. Here are some photos from the site made by Rustam Effendie (I have asked him if I can include the photos in this post).



The left picture is the photo of Punai Beach. This place is located in the south east of the island. How wonderful it is. Look at the beautiful white sand. The sea is also beautiful. It is so clean.


The special activity in Punai Beach is fishing. It is said that the taste of the fice is very nice.





The right picture is Punai Beach in the sunset. Very beautiful indeed. There are also information about another places in Belitung island. If you are interested, you can click on the website adress above. Enjoy the view, guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buku yg bagus ya mit

kumaha..kapan sidang bu atlet ? :)

ada yg bisa dibantuin mith?

blognya saya link ya..